When milk fat is concentrated into a fraction of the original milk, that portion is known as cream. Cream is a rich portion of milk fat.
Cream is the product of cow or buffalo milk or a combination thereof which contains not less than 25 % milk fat.
Buffalo cream is made from Buffalo milk. This cream is used only for ghee making not for cooking.
Shelf Life : 30 days from manufacturing when stored below 5 0C
1. Take 1 kg of Katraj cream in a 2L Aluminium vessel.
2. Heat it on gas with very low heat. Keep stirring continuously.
3. Take care that it does not spill out when boiling.
4. Gradually yellowish coloured ghee and slurry will start separating.
5. When the slurry becomes brown or red, it is an indication that ghee is ready. Stop stirring.
6. When cools down to lukewarm temperature, the ghee can be poured in dry stainless steel container. Store in a dry place.
7. Please ensure that the container is dry every time before pouring ghee in it.
|Water||22 – 32 %|
|Fat||65 – 75 %|
|Protein||1 – 1.2 %|
|Lactose||1.2 – 1.5 %|
|Ash||0.3 – 0.4 %|
|Total Solids||68 – 78 %|
|SNF||2.5 – 3.2 %|
Nutritional Value (Per 100 gm provides approx.) :